Play Craps Online
We all know the image of the large group of rowdy, excited casino patrons, watching and cheering as players roll the die on the table. Craps players bet on the outcome of the rolled dice, which is straightforward in itself, but many people get confused by the vast amount of bets possible within the game.
What most people don't realise though, is you only need to know the basic rules and a few of the most popular bets in order to join in on the fun at the online craps table.
Play Online Craps Safely
At the live casino the Craps table can be incredibly intimidating for the beginners and those still getting their head around the different bets, owing to the fast pace and other players yelling out bets whilst cheering and jeering. This is maybe not the greatest environment for the shy amongst you either!
Fortunately, you can bypass all of the mayhem whilst still having a blast playing the game, by playing craps online. You can also take your time getting your head around the specific lingo and learning the bets in your own time, instead of feeling the stress at the craps table as you try to figure out what is going on amongst the madness.
Best Online Craps Casinos
Choosing the right casino is important for this game as there are different variations with different odds on different bets which are set by each individual casino.
We have reviewed the casinos for you so you can find the best online casinos to play Craps right here - every single one of our recommended casinos below has passed our stringent tests to ensure they are fully compliant with the law, play fair, and pay out when they are supposed to.
Craps Casino Payment Options
Speaking of paying out when they are supposed to, it is true that all of the online casinos linked above will do that. However, the casinos themselves do not have control over the speeds that the payment platform makes the money available to you.
At CasinoGuide, we believe that one of the best options in this regard is PayPal. If you sign up to the best PayPal casino, you are automatically more protected, thanks to PayPal's high level of security and brand trust. Meaning that you can play to your heart's content with total peace of mind.
How to Play Online Craps
The online craps table is a large oval marked up with all the betting possibilities, which is mirrored in the live casino environment. The gameplay depends on what bet you choose to make, however the following applies to how the game is run:
- Players, or ‘shooters’ as they are called in this game, make wagers on the outcome of the rolled dice. They either wager against the other players or on the bank.
- Place chips on the bet you want to make. In a live casino, if you get to the table when play has already started, wait until the current shooter is done, and then ask for chips and place your bets.
- The players take turns in rolling the two dice. The first roll is a ‘come out roll’. The shooter must place at least the minimum bet on the pass line, or the don’t pass line.
- The shooter can keep rolling the dice until they get a losing combination.
Online Craps Bets and Rules
You can be the shooter or just a player in order to place bets. In order to play this game, the two main bets you need to know about are the Pass bet (A), and the Don’t Pass bet (B). Other popular bets are listed here as well (C-H), and if you would like to read a comprehensive guide to all possible bets within the game, you can read through our in-depth craps rules guide.
- First, place chips in the area marked ‘pass’ and roll the dice.
- If you, or the Shooter, roll a 7 or 11, you win.
- If you, or the Shooter, roll a 2, 3 or 12, you lose
- If you, or the Shooter, roll any other number, that number becomes the point number
- If you, or the Shooter, roll the point number before rolling a 7, you win
- If you, or the Shooter, roll a 7 before rolling the point number, you lose
- You are betting that the shooter will lose (opposite of pass line bet)
- You win the bet if the shooter rolls a 2 or 3.
- If the shooter rolls a 12 it’s a ‘stand off, and nobody wins.
- You lose the bet if the shooter rolls a 7 or 11.
- If shooter rolls any other number this becomes the ‘point number’.
- A 7 must be rolled before the point number in order to win the bet.
- If the point number is rolled before a 7, you lose the bet.
- An odd bet can be made at any moment once the point number has been set.
- This is a side bet to wager whether the point number or a 7 will be rolled first.
- You can ‘take odds’ on the come or don’t come bet or the pass line or don’t pass bet.
- You can remove, lower, or increase your bet at any time.
- You win the bet if the original bet wins.
- Odds pays 2 to 1 on points of 4 and 10, 3 to 2 on a 5 and 9, and 6 to 5 on a 6 and 8 – meaning there is no house edge.
- The player can bet up to three times the Pass bet on the player may bet up to three times his Pass bet on the odds bet after a point of a 4 or 10, four times after a 5 or 9, and five times after a 6 or 8.
- It can be made while a round is in progress, as is independent of the pass bet.
- The next roll is the ‘come out roll’, where you win or lose or the point number is established.
- If the shooter rolls a 7 or an 11 the come bet wins.
- If shooter rolls a 2,3, or 12, the bet is lost.
- The point number is set if any other number is rolled, this is independent of the pass bet point number. If shooter rolls this number before the 7 the come bet wins.
Don’t Come Bet
- The opposite of the come bet, but it is also made while a round is in progress.
- If shooter rolls a 2 or a 3 then you win the don’t come bet.
- If shooter rolls a 7 or an 11 then you lose the don’t come bet.
- If the shooter rolls a 12 then the bet is tied.
- The point number is established if any other number is rolled.
- If a 7 is rolled before the point number then you win the Don’t Come bet.
- Players bet that one number of their choice will be rolled before the seven.
- Players choose that either a 4,5,6,8,9 or 10 will be rolled.
- No commission is charged on a place bet and no pass bet is required.
- The field is a one-time bet that the next roll will be a 2, 3, 4, 9, 10, 11, or 12
- All wins pay 1 to 1, except the 2 and 12 pay more
There are dozens of other bets which can be made throughout the game, but the bets above are the most popular ones players make. You can read about the rules of the Hop Bet, Big 6 & Big 8 Bets, Hard Ways Bets, Buy & Lay Bets, and many more in our comprehensive Bets and Rules Guide.
Online Craps Strategy And Tips
Because of the vast amount of bets available within the game of craps, strategy depends on each individual’s preferred style of gameplay, which is one of the great benefits of this game.
There are so many options you can play the way you like to; it’s really for all player types. What you want to is lower the house edge as much as possible.
There are bets which offer great odds, and others really terrible odds. You can combine different bets to minimise the house edge. You don’t want to be placing only bets with the largest house edge as you will out of the game pretty quickly!
The simplest way to reduce the house edge is to play the pass or come bets, with the odds bet. So again, depending on your playing style, you can adopt a betting style in craps to suit your individual wants and budgets. Read through our strategy guide to learn the best betting strategy for your style to maximise your winnings.
Play Craps Online Today!
Jump on the craps bandwagon to experience why it’s one of the most popular casino games out there. With a low house edge and a multitude of betting options online craps is for every kind of player.
Pick from our recommended casinos at the top of the page, grab your sign-up bonus and enjoy some high-rolling casino action from the comfort of your own home today!